June 17, 2013

terrarium: alice in wonderland

For the past year, I have been pretty fascinated by terrariums. They have become more and more popular and you can find some much inspiration and information online.

For a long time I had been wanting to create a terrarium, but never knew where to start. I wasn't until I watched the season finale of The Makeshift on ISATv, that I realised how simple it could be to make a terrarium.



As a friend's birthday was coming up, I decided I would create a terrarium as a gift for my friend. The theme of the surprise party was Alice in Wonderland and I thought this would be a great theme for the terrarium as well. I did a bit more research on terrariums and the types of plants that would work well in them. Once I had all my supplies for the terrarium under the belt, I decided to get a little crafty and bought some air dry clay and paints to create miniature mushrooms, bunnies, tea cups and tea pot.

So here are a couple of progress shots



And here is the final result

No comments:

Post a Comment